GREENVILLE (SC) COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM
PUBLIC PHOTOGRAPHY/RECORDING POLICY
The Greenville County Library System strives to provide and maintain inviting facilities where individuals feel welcomed and valued. To minimize disruptions to library users and to help protect library property, the Library Board of Trustees has established photography and recording regulations.
- Persons wishing to photograph or record inside Greenville County Library System facilities must receive prior permission from the Greenville County Library System.
- A library staff person must accompany members of the public who are photographing/recording inside the library. A staff escort is not required when photographing/recording the exterior of a library building unless such action may disrupt library use.
- Members of the public may take photos or make video/audio recordings at programs only for personal use, not for publication or broadcast.
- Program attendees must inform library staff of their intent to photograph or record during a program so other participants can be notified.
- Photography or recording equipment may not obstruct passageways or disturb library users.
- Visitors to the South Carolina Room of the Hughes Main Library may not use flash units.
- Library buildings may not be used as a background or setting for commercial photographs or video/audio recordings without prior approval from library administration.