- Sensory Story Time designed for kids with special needs (article)
- Edgar Allan Poe Series (press release)
- Friends Used Book Sale at the Merovan Center (press release)
- Greenville County Reads (press release)
- GCLS Earns National and State Awards (press release)
- 2012 InnoVision Awards (press release, video clip)
- Smart Money Website Launch (press release, website)
- GCLS Now Offering Downloadable Music (press release, website)
- GCLS Launches Financial Education Programs (press release)
- GCLS Wins for Logo Design (press release)
Founded in 1921, the Greenville County Library System operates 11
facilities, a bookmobile, and a website that provide information, materials,
and engaging programs delivered with world-class technology and a
customer-centric approach. The Library system offers free access to
resources and experiences and continually strives to be the community's
destination of choice for exploring the world.
The hub of our Library System, the Hughes Main Library in downtown
Greenville is just over 119,000 square feet (the second largest public
library in South Carolina) and opened to the public in 2002.
- Total circulation of Library materials in the system was 3.6 million.
- There are 698,379 books and 159,805 audiovisual materials system-wide.
- 56,686 new books and 11,377 audiovisual items were added to our collection.
- 259,982 individuals are registered borrowers.
- Total walk-in visits to the Greenville County Library System was 1.9 million.
- The system offers 271 public access internet workstations.
- Approximately 2.2 million website visits occurred at www.greenvillelibrary.org.
- Free downloadable audiobooks
- Free downloadable eBooks
- Free downloadable magazines
- Free downloadable music
- Free remote access to more than 80 online databases
- Free wireless internet access
- Hughes Main Library has many high-tech features including:
- Large meeting space with multimedia capability
- Training lab with 24 computers
- 50 adult & 20 children's public Internet computer workstations
- Satellite downlink for distance learning
For Our Community Partners
Please submit program information and any high resolution images (300dpi)
by the dates listed below.
Feb/Mar 2014 issue
Apr/May 2014 issue
Jun/Jul 2014 issue
Aug/Sep 2014 issue